Friday, February 27, 2009

DIRTY DISHES






KATSUYA, BRENTWOOD
2007 Review/Harper's Bazaar

The last thing California needs is another Japanese restaurant. Hasn’t the “fusion” chain thing been “well done”? During my many extensive stays in Japan modeling and researching food on my down time, I was lucky enough to experience authentic Japanese cuisine at it’s best. I’m a food snob, I admit, especially when it comes to Japanese restaurants in L.A.. Having gone down the fusion trail myself when I was still cooking, with a few exceptions, it’s time to put this trend in the trunk next to your favorite bell bottoms and red platform boots.

With all the delays for the grand opening of Katsuya, Hollywood, I decided to visit Katsuya, Brentwood. I was curious to see after the buzz had dwindled, if the food was still up to Chef Uechi’s top notch standards. Fortunately, you can’t go wrong with atmosphere, created by Phillipe Stark and I must admit the fresh herb martini’s tantalize my taste buds. If rubbing elbows with celebs and fashionistas is what you crave, guaranteed. Prepare your palate for pure style served cold. If the Kiwi Scallop with Yuzu doesn’t make your mouth water the Spicy Albacore Sashimi with Crispy Onions will. Let’s see what happens in Hollywooood!

Click on DIRTY DISHES to see more of KATSUYA.

Rating * *

No comments:

Post a Comment

Food MEETS Fashion welcomes your comments and suggestions.